Frequently Asked Questions
1) What does “Remanufactured Gym Equipment” mean?
“Remanufactured” gym equipment is our most popular offering. It means equipment has been put through our precision Remanufacturing process in our state-of-the-art, 120,000 square foot facility located in Southern California. We start by disassembling used machines, removing, cleaning, and replacing ALL WEAR ITEMS — such as bushings, bearings, belts, and decks — and powder-coat painting the frames. By the time our Remanufacturing process is complete, the equipment looks and functions like new.
2) What does “Wholesale Gym Equipment” mean?
Wholesale means that we have taken the equipment off the gym floor, shipped it to our facility, and inspected it to make sure it functions properly. Wholesale equipment is NOT Remanufactured. It DOES NOT come with a Parts Replacement Warranty.
3) What does “As Is Gym Equipment” mean?
If you purchase “As Is” gym equipment from UsedGymEquipment.com, it means that you are buying it exactly as we bought it. It is not inspected or tested, and does not come with any kind of warranty.
4) Do I have to pay for shipping and delivery — or do you pay for it?
To keep our prices as low as possible, we require you to cover shipping and delivery costs. There are many options available, per your time and cost constraints, all of which we’re happy to discuss.
5) What is the difference between buying from UsedGymEquipment.com and buying from another used gym equipment vendor?
With UsedGymEquipment.com, you can rest assured you’re getting the best products at the lowest prices. While many of our competitors are new to the game and lack the resources required to meet your needs, we’ve been thriving in the business for over 20 years. Our sterling reputation speaks for itself:
– With dedicated Customer Service, Technical Support, and Shipping departments, we guarantee unparalleled service and products from start to finish.
– We provide the largest selection of used gym equipment inventory in the world.
– We are the only company that replaces ALL WEAR PARTS during our Remanufacturing process. For example, even a 6-month-old treadmill will receive a brand new deck at UsedGymEquipment.com, whereas many of our competitors just flip old decks.
– We have the most experienced Remanufacturing Technicians in the fitness industry, who strive to the highest standards of American craftsmanship and care.
6) I live outside the United States. Is your equipment compatible with my country’s power requirements?
Yes. 55% of our annual sales are international, so we’re very familiar with international power requirements. It is included in the price of your Remanufactured equipment.
7) When I buy your gym equipment, does it come installed and setup?
The majority of our machines come fully assembled. One exception is our Treadmills, which arrive in boxes as though they were brand new and thus require some assembly. By coming in boxes, you will save on shipping space and thus costs. Cable Crossovers and Jungle Gyms also require some assembly. Rest assured, we will provide detailed instructions on how to assemble your machines, as well as comprehensive technical support should any questions or concerns arise.
8) How does your warranty program work?
We provide Extended Parts Replacement Warranties ranging from 12 months, to 24 months, to 36 months. They cover most of the costly repairs you may encounter with your mechanical and electronic components, including: motors, wires, switches, control panels, and motor control boards.
NOTE: You will be responsible for establishing a regular Preventative Maintenance Plan. If you fail to properly maintain your equipment, you may void your warranty. Please call our dedicated Customer Service Department to inquire about purchasing a plan.
9) I’m based outside of the United States. How does does the customs process work? Will you assist me in filling out customs paperwork to import your products to my country?
We ship to countries all over the world on a regular basis without incident. We have a full-time, dedicated Shipping Department, which handles all the customs paperwork and ensures your shipments are delivered on schedule.
10) When I buy your Remanufactured treadmills that arrive in a box, do you provide an assembly manual?
We provide a copy of the owner’s manual, demonstration videos, and comprehensive technical support by phone and email. Rest assured, UsedGymEquipment.com is dedicated to serving you in any way possible.
11) What is your payment policy?
We require a 50% deposit to start production on your order, with the remaining 50% due 14 days before your order ships out to you. We provide detailed pictures, videos, and descriptions before you’re required to send final payment. Additionally, if you would like to come into our UsedGymEquipment.com Remanufacturing Facility to inspect the equipment for yourself, we always love to host you. We require full payment before delivery because remanufacturing is an expensive and labor-intensive process.
12) After I pay my deposit and start my order, how long do I have to wait before my equipment arrives?
We have a vast inventory of already Remanufactured gym equipment, which you can buy today and have shipped immediately. This includes full gym packages, cardio, strength, and free weights.
If you wish to build a custom order, timeframes may vary, but it typically takes about 30 to 45 business days to complete production on an order of strength equipment, provided we have everything you request in stock. Cardio equipment may take up to 6 to 8 weeks. But we’ll be there to help you and keep you updated, every step of the process.
NOTE: This does not include shipping times, which vary depending upon your shipping method and location.
13) Do you provide financing options for my gym equipment purchase?
We provide attractive financing programs for customers in the United States. International customers will need to arrange their own financing.
14) Are you a green company?
Absolutely. In 2012 alone, we recycled over 3.5 million pounds of metal and saved it from landfills. We also use environmentally friendly Remanufacturing techniques. While some gym owners may shy away from telling their customers they buy Remanufactured equipment, we think it’s a point of pride that we’re all helping to help preserve the planet. We’re green and proud.